Welcome to Vanier !
Vanier is a historically francophone neighbourhood in the Rideau-Vanier Ward in Ottawa, Ontario. Vanier was amalgamated into Ottawa in 2001.
- 1908: the communities of Janeville, Clarkstown and Clandeboye were joined to form the Village of Eastview.
- 1913: Eastview was incorporated as a town.
- 1963: Eastview becomes a city.
- 1969: Eastview is renamed after the recently deceased Governor General of Canada, Georges Vanier.
- 2019: Vanier celebrated the 50th anniversary of its name: Vanier.
If you would like to learn more about the various services offered in Vanier, please consult the Vanier Community Resource Booklet.