Committee Name: Beautification, Parks and Recreation Committee
Responsible To: The association’s Board of directors on a monthly basis
Purpose: The committee will work in collaboration with the City of Ottawa to maintain and improve our Parks and Recreation Programs available to our residents to ensure quality of life and access.
Timeframes: From September 2017 – June 2018 ; meeting frequency determined by the needs of the committee or as requested by the Board.
Composition of committee: Residents of Vanier and VCA Board Members
Participating Board Members: TBD
Specific Areas of Responsibility
- Maintain communication and partnership with the City of Ottawa Program coordinators and other groups working in Vanier;
- Monitor conclusion of the Emond Park rejuvenation project;
- Work in collaboration with our youth, Wabano Centre and the city of Ottawa in establishing a skate board park for our community;
- Visit all parks of Vanier to assess for foliage and structure deficits; (Nov 13, 2011)
- Continue to lobby the city of Ottawa for Richelieu Park improvement as per proposal submitted in March 2011.