Committee Name: Vanier Safety Committee
Type: Ad hoc committee
Chair: Lauren Touchant
Responsible To: The association Board of directors on a monthly basis
Purpose: To contribute to enhanced community safety and Crime Prevention in Vanier through collaborative efforts with our neighbours, community partners and city services.
Timeframes: From September 2017 to June 2018 (AGM); meeting frequency determined by the needs of the committee or as requested by the Board.
Composition of committee: Residents of Vanier and VCA Board Members
Participating Board Members: Lauren Touchant, Lucie Marleau, Vianney Calixte, Barra Thiom
Specific Areas of Responsibility
- Implement targeted safety, well-being, and beautification initiatives and events in the neighbourhood;
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders towards the common goal of overall community safety;
- Provide a platform for residents to discuss, and share information on, key issues affecting public safety and security in the community;
- Raise awareness about crime trends in Vanier;
- Conduct, collect information, and support research/surveys on key issues affecting public safety;
- Advocate for, and implement, crime prevention and enforcement measures in Vanier based on reliable data and information;
- Develop and disseminate crime prevention and safety information and tools to raise awareness to the community at large.
You can consult our Action plan here : VSC WP updated September 2018
Safety Forum 2019:
Presentation from Crime Prevention Ottawa : Crime Prevention Ottawa